Looking for edge durability that will leave your grinder lonely?
How does built-in balance and maneuverability at the lathe sound?
Whether you’ve been turning for years or are just starting out, be uncompromising. With an edge that lasts. Strength that cuts vibration and enhances smooth cuts. A powerful handle for maneuverability. Discover your new favorite tool - embrace quality.
A razor edge is imperative for turning wood. Many woodturning tools are machined from subpar steel. After 40 years of manufacturing experience, we know M42 high speed steel is the optimal steel for turning wood. It hones to a fine, sharp edge and retains that edge due to a 10% content of cobalt.
Your handle connects you to your work, we’ve carefully designed the weight and curvature of our signature handles for comfort, control, and chatter reduction. Each handle has set screws to secure your tool and knurling for grip. Our innovative handles are made in our own factory and are patented.
All the design work, machining, inspection and shipping of this tool is done in our Seattle factory. As a family business dedicated to engineering ingenuity, precision workmanship and woodturning we ensure that every tool you receive is perfect. Happy turning!
A quick overview of this 3/4” bowl gouge:
- Machined from M42 high speed steel heat-treated to 68 HRC. Superior edge.
- Hand-polished and inspected before leaving our Seattle factory.
- Meticulously designed for turners, by turners.
- Aluminum handle cuts down chatter and is designed for comfort and easy control.
- Easily removed from the handle for sharpening and interchangeability.
- Made in the USA & backed by a 100% guarantee.
- Blade measures: 3/4" dia. x 13" overall, flute measures: 9-3/4"
- Tang: 3/4" Handle Size: 16" x 3/4"
- Long fingernail grind prevents catches